Thursday, November 1, 2012

DIY Photo Christmas Cards [Thursday Think Tank Holiday Hop]

Thursday Think Tank Holiday Hop 
Welcome to the first post of the Thursday Think Tank Holiday Hop!  Whew hew!
This Blog Hop is all about DIY Holiday Ideas which these awesome bloggers are going to share with you.  I hope you will join in the linky party and share your Holiday DIY Ideas with us all!

Thursday Think Tank Holiday Hop Details

1. November 1 - Making Rebecca Lynne DIY Christmas Cards
2. November 8 - Piecemeal Quilts Thanksgiving Etiquette (when you are lucky enough to be a guest!)
3. November 15 - Canadian Abroad Holiday Decor
4. November 22 - TBD? or MRL free pillow cover pattern
5. November 29 - She Can Quilt Gifts for Tweens/Teens/Twenties
6. December 6 - Missy Mac Creations Christmas Gifts for Kids from Kids
7. December 13 - Rainbow Hare Quilts Wrapping it Up
8. December 20 - YOU!  DIY Christmas Party Link Up

I'm going to kick it off with a bunch of awesome ideas I've found having to do with DIY Holiday Cards.  As many of you know Christmas is my favorite holiday...and since Miss E was born I've wanted to commemorate each year with a special Christmas Card.  So far I've kept this promise to myself and I've got to keep the ball rolling.  Using my Pinterest Board "oh christmas tree, oh christmas tree" I've managed to keep track of my Christmas ideas all year long.  Here are some cool card ideas I came across...


This is probably the photo my girls would love to take.  Heh.


At this point I can only imagine two of the three girls eating the snow a\instead of blowing it!  Check out this website though, it has some amazing photos!


Six tips on family holiday photos.  Cute!


My personal favorite!

What to do with all those cards you receive???

Have an iPhone?  Take photos with your phone to make the holiday photo card show up as the contact photo when they ring you!

OR

We Do This!  The girls love their book of cards from Christmas, Birthdays, Valentine's Day.  Using a hole punch and long ribbon I add on cards with each holiday.  They love reading their cards over and over and I don't have guilt about throwing cards from special family members away!
Card sandwich
Got any card ideas to share?  Any holiday DIY projects in mind?  Do share them or anything else on your mind lately using the linky below!
- rebecca lynne

8 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I love all of these photo card ideas! I have been so lousy at holiday cards! Maybe one year I will get them ordered in time and actually MAILED. Hey I can do the 22nd if you want. I finally almost have the Jacks done, and I thought of a couple of good ideas. :) Let me know. Hope you had a good Halloween, and are drying out. How'd you fare in the hurricane?

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I love what you do with the cards!! Such a cute idea! Mine are stuffed in a box, I totally need to do that x

Carla said...

Some lovely ideas here. Thanks!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love your idea for keeping their cards - genius!

Leanne said...

Those are all pretty nice cards. I am guessing it is fake snow, however.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your picture choices are fab and the card book is a great idea! Hope you are ok :)

Martina Jolie said...

There, in a gloomy street not far from the monastic walls of the Sorbonne, he pursued his favorite speculations. Sometimes he spent hours in the great libraries of Paris, those catacombs of departed authors, rummaging among their hoards of dusty and obsolete works in quest of food for his unhealthy appetite. He was, in a manner, a literary ghoul, feeding in the charnel-house of decayed literature. Flights to Douala
Cheap Flights to Douala
Cheap Air Tickets to Douala

Richard C. Lambert said...

I am looking for a great tour article for just interest and for some knowledge about here enjoyment and much more related to travel. rio de janeiro