Thursday, June 21, 2012

Becca on a Budget [Thursday Think Tank]



Thursday Think Tank
Now that we have THREE DAUGHTERS the Mr. and I have been taking serious stock of our life.  I know, you'd think we would've done that...mmm I don't know before or shortly after daughter #1 right?  Ha, well we are slow learners.  No actually now that we are out of the city life is looking different and we want things we never thought we'd ever want before like a house!  We are finally in a place where we imagine staying put for a very long time and our piggy bank is a tad slender...okay, let's be real, the piggy bank is starving!

Having moved from Brooklyn to Far Far Away we are already on a far better track than a year ago but, with the birth of Miss O and the looming entry into Kindergarten for Miss E, we realize our timeline is moving rather quickly.  Sigh.  So, it is time to focus on seriously fixing our finances and that is going to mean no fabric splurging while we save money for a house.  Luckily I have a huge stash of fabric waiting to be dealt with so it isn't as if I won't have fabric for this year's long list of projects that is for sure!

Now, this doesn't mean I can't have any new fabric this year...after all...nothing will be keeping me from this:

Anna Maria Horner's Field Study Line

Field.Study.Gypsy

Field Study.Patina

Field.Study.Moonlit

My sweetest Mr. did point out that I do have a birthday and Christmas to receive gifts...so I'll be holding out for the Anna Maria Horner line.  For those of you who don't know, I am obsessed with all things AMH!  In fact, I plan on making a few AMH quilts for the three lovely princesses in the coming year...

What will this mean for MRL?  Well, I will definitely need mad support from friends & family (both in real life and virtual) while I practice shopping restraint.  Also, I am seriously considering opening an Etsy shop devoted to destash - anyone have a good destash shop name I can use?


- rebecca lynne

Feel free to rattle off anything that has been brewing in your creative heads. It can be anything, quilting, home improvement, fashion, crafting, DIY gifts, cooking...whatever you have recently thought "hmmm, you know what I should create" is perfectly appropriate for the Think Tank. 

Have a blog? Grab the Thursday Think Tank button displayed on the right. Thanks to everyone who linked up last week.
Just a small request: Please remember to Add a Link to Thursday Think Tank in your Blog Post - that way the other people in the Linky Party are being shared with your readers! Thank you!

4 comments:

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Oh budgetting = yuk! A necessary evil but never fun. Glad you aren't totally starving yourself though! :)

Cherie said...

Sounds terrible! I'm on a fabric ban too so if you need support I'm here!
Opening the shop sounds like a good idea! Maybe Thursday Destash?.
Hope you figure things out =D

Snoodles said...

Ah, but it's so worth it....the budgeting, that is. And the staying home to be mommy. LOL Been there, done that and even have a franchise to SELL the teeshirts! Homeschooled for twenty years, in fact.
You'll do great! I'll be watching for your destash!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Good luck with your fabric 'healthy lifestyle' (not the 'D word', that just makes you want to rush out and buy a treat!) - I think a destash would be a great idea if it would help you buy new AMH fabric whilst saving for a deposit, etc. And don't forget to ask for fabric shop vouchers for your birthday!

Good luck!!