Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Under the Wire Wednesday

Untitled
I will be returning to work very soon...sigh...  Don't misunderstand, I love my job, I love getting up in the morning and having a life, putting on clothes and talking about adult things, but I will miss squishing my three girls whenever I want to.  Especially leaving Miss O so young.  It will be very very very tough.  But, I am not working the ridiculous hours I once did in NYC so I am grateful for that...at least I will see my girls every night, every morning, and every weekend which is more than some people can say...  Sad state the world has gotten itself into isn't it?

Anyway - we could go on forever on that topic.

My point for bringing this up is that I am now under a crunch to focus on finishing some things up!  I will be going on holiday next week and have set aside my hand binding to focus on machine driven projects.  Hopefully I will get some more sewing done next week with my Mother in Law but there are no promises as it will be my only week of summer vacation!

Here is what I am working on...

Miss O's Zig Zag
- All of the squares are cut
- All have been sewn together
- And I even squared off the corners  <-- What?  That is so not MRL but I am being extra good this time!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Simple Patchwork Quilt
- Special project for a friend [Part 2 - you can see Part 1 here]
- Just a little peek
- Finally sewing all the strips together today

DSC_0333

Stash Sorting
- I've made some progress, but am far from finished!

A good start on sorting...

What projects do you have in progress?
- rebecca lynne


WIP STATS
- Hummingbirds & Hexagons Quilt (binding, on hold for car ride)
- Special Secret Part 1 (backing)
- Special Secret Part 2 (finishing top, backing)
- Miss Vs Colorway (cutting)
- Miss Es Colorway (cutting)

5 comments:

Kati said...

That zig-zag quilt is going to be so pretty! Way to take the time to square them up (I hate that too). Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday! Have a great day!

Cherie said...

Some great looking sneaks there! I'll be watching out for updates. =D

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I could cry!!! You and Miss O just look way too adorable. How sweet!
Loving your projects and great stash! I need to sort my scraps out they are currently residing in a large torn paper bag that just won't take anymore, need a better system :)

Patti said...

Your projects are looking lovely,Becca.Sorry you have to go back to work so soon. That really sucks. Love the photo!!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Aw, you're both so cute! I hope your return to work goes smoothly xxx