Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Miss V


People never believe me when I say you have been smiling since you were 2 weeks old.  
But here it is, the proof.

I was afraid of so many things before you were born...
that I wouldn't have enough love for you and your sister
that the stress of my job while you were in utero was going to taint you in some way
that I wasn't going to know what to do with two
that it would be oh so hard like it was the first time
that I had forgotten how to survive the endless sleepless nights
that I would fail you both...and Daddy too...

This last year has been full of surprises and with every step you have shown me the way.
My permanent smiles baby.
My happy happy always happy squish.
A giggler as she gets into something she knows she shouldn't.
The most cuddly and affectionate of children who rubs her face against you as she hugs.  
The devious one, the child that will definitely be cleverly getting into and out of trouble...constantly.
My destructo-bunny.  Not clumsy, not bull in a China shop, just methodical and precise demolition.
A worshiper of her older sister who purposely yells and bangs to wake her up at nap time to play.
My biggest most bright eyed with the longest eyelashes you could ever dream of baby girl.
My open mouthed I'm going to eat your cheeks Mommy kisser.

It is hard to believe that we ever survived without you.

I love you.

Happy Birthday

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Super happy Birthday to a super sweet smiley girl!
And what a beautiful photograph to remind you of all those baby smiles!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

That is a gorgeous photo!! Aww.. I miss my one year old boy.. he turned into such a big boy, esp. this summer. Enjoy every stage and eat up those open mouth cheek eating kisses.. they are the BEST! Happy Birthday Squish!!! And Happy one year Anniversary of the day you met your baby girl face to face. :)

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

What a beautiful post - Birthday Wishes to Miss V :)

Lucy | Charm About You said...

This is so precious Rebecca! and what an adorable photo. Happy Birthday little one!
xx

Annabella said...

A beautiful post Rebecca and that photo of your daughter is so so amazing. Happy 1st (?) birthday to your super sweet and edible little girl - hope you have all had an amazing day together.

Toni said...

Oh, she is so sweet! I love that little newborn fuzz! Happy Happy Birthday to beautiful Miss V!!

Ruth said...

What a beautiful post! And happy birthday to the little one!

Heather D. said...

That is the best newborn baby picture EVER! Happy birthday to your girl. :)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Beautiful post and a gorgeous photo!! Happy birthday Miss V x