Thursday, September 22, 2011

Last Thursday Before the Purge Think Tank [September 22, 2011]





Thursday Think Tank

Another Thursday another Thursday Think Tank!  I hope you all have had time to get your brainstorming on.  I of course thought of three new ideas today, but I'll save them.  Next week, and you need not follow suit, I am going back over some of my ideas and weeding out the things I've decided to ditch.  Not because they are bad ideas...but I might have found improvements or my needs have changed!  I think it is good to clear the slate every once in awhile, don't you?

**ALSO, I updated the HTML on the Think Tank Button so Feel Free to Update your Blogs with the improved button.  Meaning, it will now link directly to T.T.T. posts and not just to the making rebecca lynne home page.  I hate when the buttons don't link to the correct place and then I realized, duh, I had made the same mistake with my own button!  Rebecca Lynne!  Exasperation!**

Wrapped Hair Comb
I get super criticized for never wearing my hair down.  Certain people, and you know who you are, think that if I am not going to bother wearing it down then why keep it long.  But, I usually wear it up anyway critics notwithstanding.  :P  

Anyway, how cute is this?  And wouldn't this easy wrapped hair comb design make such great stocking stuffers for the long-haired women who choose to wear their hair up in your life?  Yeah...I thought so too.

source: wrapped hair comb

I Spy Placemat
I saw this on Toni's, from Hoosier Toni, Thursday Think Tank last week!  See, I knew if you all started joining me I'd be in trouble...because you have great ideas and I'm going to have to start copying them.  Darn it.  Anyway, I'd love to do this for Miss E and have even started cutting fabric for it.  She'd love to be able to pick out all her favorite animals and characters while she procrastinates at the dinner table.  Way to enable Mommy, way to enable...

Source: Stitches and Scissors


Bee Cross Stitch
I am not really one for cross stitch...although I have this vague memory of having a cross stitch kit when I was a child.  But, what I am into is this bee from Melody Miller's Ruby Star Rising collection.  I mean I would follow that bee anywhere and I know Miss E would dig it too.  This would look so adorable in the Squishes' Room!  The kit is available at The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.

source

Bouncing Bubbles
This is a project I really have to do with Miss E.  Miss V will probably enjoy it too as it will most likely involve getting soapy bubbles all over and her sister laughing lots.  I have tried projects from Play At Home Mom before and well...their projects always look simple and clean online...and when put into action in my house?  Mmmm, Not So Much.  But how much harm can this do?  Find out how to make your own bouncing bubbles here!

source




Solar Lights DIY
I really love this image, kind of like a lightening but gone nuclear isn't it?  I think it may almost be past the season for this idea...but maybe I can get my bits together to have it ready for next summer.  If you already have the necessary materials it would also be awesome for a Halloween light up along your walkway.  Oooh...next year, next year!

source





Remember!  Next week I am purging.  Feel free to join me or show me some of your new ideas.  I'll need to add more things to my list after I purge after all!

As always...

Feel free to rattle off anything that has been brewing in your creative heads.  It can be anything, quilting, home improvement, fashion, crafting, DIY gifts, cooking...whatever you have recently thought "hmmm, you know what I should create" is perfectly appropriate for the Think Tank.  Have a blog?  Grab the Thursday Think Tank button displayed on the right.  

Please leave a link to your T.T.T. on your blog in the linky party below or leave a comment with your Thursday Think Tank ideas!  

Feel free to submit Think Tank Links Until Next Thursday's Think Tank!

- rebecca lynne

8 comments:

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

That I-Spy Placemat is adorable! Love it.

Melinda said...

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with think tank but I have been using Lee's WiP list from last week to see how everyone's doing this week and I came across live.love.sew. I just had to come give you a big congrats on winning for naming her pattern! Woohoo!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

That haircomb is gorgeous! I'm linking and thinking (oh god I need to drink less coffee!!) xx

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Thursday think tank. I like it. I'm going to have to start following you.

Rebecca Lynne said...

Um HELLO! Did anyone notice that drop in (above) by Rachel Hauser of Stitched In Color? What? I almost fell over when I saw that...

Don't forget to submit your links to the linky party...see people ARE watching!

Erica said...

Those combs are so cute and would be perfect in one of my little pouches for Christmas!

Last night my daughter was just asking to play with bubbles. Looks like I need to find some glycerin and make some bouncy bubbles.

Yep my to do list just grew even more with every blog I visited today!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I was just about to leave a comment commenting on the fact that Rachel Hauser had left you a wonderful comment and you've beaten me to it ;o) Wow, what a great compliment - are you doing the happy dance?!! Love the light up jars - fabulous! The comb would look great in your curls - you could have one for every outfit!!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Love the hair comb and the I spy place mat :)