Wednesday, September 7, 2011

things are moving along...WIP Wednesday

Hummingbirds & Hexagons Back
Hummingbirds & Hexagons Backing

Hummingbirds & Hexagons Back
Backing Quilt Pattern
In my last post I wondered whether I should follow my gut and quilt this in the pattern of my hand drawn sketches of flowers (see right).  After much deliberation, and upon reading the support of my virtual friends & family, I am going to quilt this baby with my sketched flower design and parallel lines.  Whew hew!  Thank you all for your help with this one...I hope to quilt some of it this week and be able to post the results next week?  I should be wary of making such promises!


My WIP Wednesday Tally's Include...

Working On
Tumbling Blocks Challenge [need more finished blocks, cough]
DSC_0083


Across the Sea QAL
  • I made some real progress and finished the blocks...now I just need to finish it by sewing these and the border together.  Here is my proposed layout...  Any thoughts?
    Across the Sea QAL Layout

- Hummingbirds & Hexagons: Needs Quilting

Hummingbirds & Hexagons Back

- Non-Quilting Projects

  • Finished some Home Decor and hope to post a tutorial about it soon...here is a sneak peak...
IMG_6209
Birdhouse Nursery Decor
  • Lush Cluster Wedding Order which took up my whole long weekend, so no sewing for me last weekend!
DSC_0016
Lush Cluster Custom Order Bridesmaid Sash Pins
Projects In Limbo (sigh)
- Spinning Stars
- Botanika Improv
- Secret Project
- Triangles experiment

Finished
- Nothing.  :P  But so close...so soon I will have something finished!!!

How are your WIPs faring this week?  Hopefully you've made more progress than I have!  Linking to W.I.P. Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!  Be sure to check some other folks out!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

- rebecca lynne

5 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Wow, you're busy! I think it's great you've stuck with your idea for quilting the H&H quilt - can't wait to see some! I love the QAL top - it looks great but how about swapping #2 and 4 (from L to R) in the bottom row to even out the pink and blue? How many TBs left to piece now?! I'm watching ;o)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

P.S. Congratulations on your guest spot on LQ - it's great!

Melinda said...

Love all your projects. Those hand drawn flowers are gorgeous. I wish I could FMQ. I like your layout for your crosses. I didn't do this one but one day I'd like to. I think I might put corner set triangles in each block to give some little diamonds as a secondary design. Love the way you did the bakc of your Hummingbirds & Hexagons quilt!

Lynette said...

Wow - what pretty pieces you made for the wedding order!! and such sophisticated tumbling blocks, with plays on black. Must have a really neat understated stunning look in real life.

æble said...

Your hand drawn flowers are going to look amazing when quilted! I'm so excited to see it when it's done and it's not my quilt!