Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday Think Tank [Aug 25, 2011]



Thursday Think Tank

Is it seriously Thursday already?  Where does the time go???  Sheesh.  Well I really missed the boat on WIP Wednesday so I'll do my best not to wuss out on TTT!

Think Tank Updates

  • Jewelry Board Frames: The jewelry boards are well on their way!  I just need to add a few more staples to reinforce the linen and I think I need one more board to satisfy my necklace collection.  But, I have one board completely done...
    IMG_6115
    unpacked jewelry prior to organizing
IMG_6113
closeup of complete Mish Mash of Jewelry - looks like treasure doesn't it?
IMG_6177
S-Hooks to Hang Jewelry courtesy of my local Home Depot
IMG_6184
Closeup of Woven Linen
IMG_6185
One Finished Necklace Board
    • I still have so much of the linen I used to make these boards leftover.  Am thinking about selling them on Etsy kind of like destash...but handmade by me.  Anyone interested in them please tell me!
  • Plastic Bag Holder: Found scrap fabric to create it.  No, I haven't done the creating yet...but hey picking fabric is part of the process!


Think Tank Thursday August 25, 2011

Idea #1 - Lunch Bag for Hubby

source
Mr. Making Rebecca Lynne just started his new job this Monday...and between our budget and all the leftovers we have when I make dinner (along with bad mathematical skills comes either too much food or too little) he is a rockstar about bringing his lunch.  So, how cute would it be if I made him his own lunch bag?  I thought this would be a great DIY Christmas gift!  Yes, I have to plan early.  Haven't you heard of Christmas in July - it is called that because you have to start your DIY Christmas presents in July in order to get them done in time.  No wonder I've never been able to complete everything in time!  Who knew?  Please checkout Farbstoff the awesome blog this comes from.  If you haven't heard of Brigitte Heitland or Zen Chic yet...you will soon I promise... 

Idea #2 - Bows for Wrapping Boxes

Speaking of Christmas...every year I do the great wrapping debate.  I always always always lobby for plain brown butcher paper with cool ribbons.  But, sigh, when it gets down to the wire it has always been easier to give in and buy the cheap fugly Christmas Wrapping Paper at our nearest drugstore rather than a) hunt down brown butcher paper and b) break into my ribbon stash.  Haha!  Not this year!  As soon as I saw this I thought YES, that is what has been in my mind but not in action for so long.  

Having made fabric rosettes before (no, that statement does not constitute bragging I am merely stating a fact :p) I can definitely do this.  And, as I created a huge pile of "fabric to be thrown away" which for some reason my husband hasn't thrown away I suppose everything happens for a reason. 

Anyone sense a fabric rosette tutorial in the works?

Idea #3 - Chalkboard Door

Yes.  I'll admit it.  I am obsessed with Chalkboard Paint.  There, I said it.  But who wouldn't want a Chalkboard Door in their house?  {I am respecting the original source by linking to the blog and not using her original photos.  Please check it out.  Amanda Blake Soule, a.k.a. Soule Mama, is a true inspiration and I just love her blog!}  I just asked my darling dear if he would be down with a makeshift chalkboard door, and he agreed!  Amazing to have a husband who deals with chalkboards all day at work and still agrees to have one at home too.  Aren't I lucky?

As always, I'd love so much if you'd join me!  Feel free to rattle off anything that has been brewing in your creative little heads.  It can be anything, quilting, home improvement, fashion, crafting, DIY gifts, cooking...whatever you have recently thought "hmmm, you know what I should create" is perfectly appropriate for the Think Tank.  Have a blog?  Grab the Thursday Think Tank button displayed on the right.

Please leave a link to your TTT on your blog in the linky party below or leave a comment with your Thursday Think Tank ideas!  


- rebecca lynne

No comments: