Saturday, April 21, 2012

Etsy-holic

Recently I was asked to do a research project for my cousin and bride-to-be.  Like so many things I research, it brought me over to Etsy for ideas.  And as so often happens with Etsy - I got sucked in.  So, I thought I'd share with you some of the things that I've been coveting over on the handmade site while I was at it...

My mental train of thought was going something like this:
Matryoshkas, should I have 3 girls; a new bag for a new mama; I dream of a personalized iPad case for the iPad I don't have; gold jewelry is so in, so I should add some to my jewelry box and the filigree is dancing around in my head; 5 year wedding anniversary is approaching fast...


'Things on my mind' by LushCluster


Necklace, Babushka , Matryos...
$98.00

Matryoshkas Kokka Fabric in ...
$12.95

Hand Stitched Leather Tote, ...
$400.00

14g faux filigree brass blad...
$67.00

SALE Gingko Leaf and Gold F...
$45.00

Diamond Channel Stacking Wed...
$416.00

Green Jade and Turquoise Sta...
$82.00

Ruby Star Shining by Melody ...
$9.50

PEUT ETRE bracelet word on s...
$35.00

2 pcs- (1261-MG) NEW Matte G...
$4.12

Personalized Envelope Card H...
$73.00

iPad Case - Mustard White Be...
$49.99


Also, I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce those of you who aren't aware of it to PicClick.  PicClick is a way to visually search Etsy, eBay, and even Craigslist.  Seriously...how cool is that?  Looking for some ideas but don't want to go through pages upon pages on one of those other websites?  Just plug in some keywords and look at the images that come up.,.it scrolls down endlessly through the images so you don't have to keep clicking to the next page.  Really great for doing research on jewelry ideas or fabric searches or, well, anything!  


For example...a search on handstamped jewelry:

With Mother's Day on the way now is not a bad time to start some online browsing...and if a few links should find their way into your Hubby's inbox so much the better...  Heh heh...  Happy online hunting!  Let me know if you find anything too good to pass up...

- rebecca lynne

4 comments:

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

Oh I get sucked into Etsy too. I must try PicClick. Thanks!

Cherie said...

I love Etsy! I order a lot of my fabric from there as prices even shipping work out better to UK than actually buying from here! Our Mother's day has been already! =D

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Oh you have SUCH good taste!! All those pretty things!! I'm stopping myself from clicking on them due to lack of funds but any of those would do me ;)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Did you come away unscathed or did you cave in and buy something?!!