Another post where I am going to let the photos do the talking...hope you don't mind... If you'd like to see the progress of this pouch you can go here.
I took a lot of photos because I knew I was sending her to a new home. In fact, she should arrive today!
I had a lot of fun making this and learned so much. Paper pieced, AMH, voile, I finally used selvage in a purposeful "make a message" kind of way, nailing my zippers, the list goes on. Sewing over all the seams and making sure the zippers stayed straight was a challenge - I think I sewed them at least 3x on each side to make them line up! I did enjoy the paper piecing however I used large sketch paper with my design drawn on it and that made the paper a pain to remove. I think I'll use freezer paper next time to make the seams finer and the paper easier to take off...and if I had had more time I would've quilted the whole piece for added security to all of those intricate seams.
I've written a quick tutorial on how to swap the zipper pulls so stop by tomorrow to see!