Friday, April 25, 2014

Fabriholics Anonymous April Link Up!

#lowvolumeswap
I am following Jess's lead this month by posting the Fabriholics Anonymous Link with some delicious Low Volume Swap fabric...mmmm...  (Jess...don't mean to make you jealous...  Wink!)
windy peek
Like Jess, I too must admit to having fallen off the wagon in the month of April.  After using the Ludovika for backing in my last finished quilt Above All Pink I promised to pick up some for one of my bestie WNYMQG friends when I visited Ikea...given that the Ikea I visited was roughly 8 hours away and I was on vacation...well one thing led to another and I ended up picking up backing for her and two other Ikea fabrics as well...  I couldn't help it!  After all, some day Ikea's supply of Britten Nummer is going to run out!!!  I also picked up some Julita fabric as it is simple and fun so I figure one of the girls would love it on a quilt (which I cannot find on the Ikea website...hmmm...good thing I grabbed some when I did...).  Hope you guys can forgive my temporary lapse!!!

Speaking of the fast though - I am seriously considering continuing my fabric fast for the next 6 months.  I haven't put as much of a dent in my stash as I previously hoped, and I have other upcoming expenses that I'd like to continue to keep saving for.  For those of you who missed the first phase start considering whether you'd like to join on for the second half of the year...I'd love to have company!  

Don't forget to visit Jess and link up below!

- rebecca lynne

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm planning an Ikea trip soon as I need to pick up some curtains. Luckily my local one is about 45 minutes away, so not *too* far but still a pain. I miss living closer...

I've been disappointed in Ikea's fabrics the last couple of years though as it seems to be mostly heavier weight now :( They also used to sell a lot of precut bundles that had enough fabric for a couple of baby quilt backs, but they don't seem to have these anymore either. I guess because they do home furnishings, they're leaning more towards fabrics of that type? I do remember seeing they had the Ludovika when I was there last, but I've already used it on a quilt back and I have a lot of stashed backing fabric, but it's so pretty and I just looked at the Ikea site and there's some other pretty fabrics but without knowing what weight they are, I'm not sure if I'll bother getting them!

Anonymous said...

How can I resist this though?? http://www.ikea.com/aa/en/catalog/products/40221801/ ahhhh

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Oh man! That is one seriously beautiful stack my friend. I don't have a local IKEA, but I've managed to convince a friend to act as fabric mule and get me a bolt of britten nummer fabric - if I'm going to fall I might as well fall hard ;o)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Consider your small lapse forgiven!!

Leigh Anne said...

buying some Britten is definitely a valid reason to break your fast! Did you not allow backing in your rules?

Katy McCoy said...

I didn't sign up the last time but I did the fast anyway - and I'm signing up for the next 6 months! I've only bought a couple of notions, thread and backing for two runners. I was pretty proud of myself in the LQS when I looked only for the backing fabric and did not allow myself to start looking generally - that's the point I loose my resolve. Conversely, I'm in a little bit of a slump on my quilting - having a hard time getting to the machine. I need deadlines!!

Allison said...

I think perhaps it is a good thing there isn't an Ikea anywhere near me - their fabrics are too tempting ;) I didn't sign up for the fabric fast the first time, but I would be interested in a round 2

Hannlib said...

*gasp* ;-) I'll be needing some quilt backs before the year is out, certainly. That's when temptation will strike!! That and the Cotton and Steel release ...

jeifner said...

I started my fasting a bit before ya'll and I think I either need to keep going or change to a fabric calorie counting diet. Since I seem to keep buying things. Far less, so I suppose it's a mindset.

Beth said...

I don't think I could resist Ikea either. I know I should do it for another 6 months but...... Oh we will see!