Friday, June 22, 2012

Love and Electronics [TGIFF]

From the moment I saw Melody Miller's Ruby Star Shining line I knew that if I ever owned an iPad I was going to have to use this fabric for it.  The typewriter, the heart, oh the love.  So when the need arose for me to have a little carry bag to transport my cork covered iPad, Nano, Headphones, and iPhone I knew exactly what fabric to use!

Electronic bag

The bag measures 8"h x 11"w x 3"d.  It has an inside pocket divider and easily slips into my larger handbag so I can put my electronics in whatever bag I might be using that day.  It is especially convenient as I travel between my 1st and 2nd floor while carrying Miss O...

Electronic bag front

Then, while cuddling with Miss O balanced on my lap, I decided I had to make a little trinket for myself...

My girls' initials

I realized after naming Miss O that she and her sister's initials were very special indeed.  At first my father pointed out that E, L & O stood for the Electric Light Orchestra.  Um, okay, not really a thrill for me anyway.  But in my sleep deprived mind it struck me that their initials also made up 3 of the 4 letters for L-O-V-E.  

In typical Rebecca Lynne style I completely freaked out at my good fortune and disgusting cuteness of it all that I had to do something with their initials as soon as I realized!  [note: I refer to my daughter L as Miss V when blogging because her nickname begins with a V, a nickname started by Miss E who no longer calls anyone by a nickname because at age 3 she wants to prove she can say everyone's full names including middle names when she knows them.  Anyway, I only point this out because lest my readers think I suddenly had yet another child or that I had forgotten my child's name!]

Linking up to TGIFF hosted this week by Pretty Bobbins!  Hoping you all have an excellent weekend and for those of you experiencing summer as we are without air conditioning...stay cool...

- rebecca lynne

6 comments:

Beth said...

Great tote! I also love that typewriter fabric - in fact, I am right now finishing up my tutorial for my stop on the blog hop next week and this fabric was the inspiration for the project I made.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Oooh, I'm loving that tote, Rebecca! I've got to get me some of that fabric! Isn't it amazing how wee munchkins can make us go all mushy?! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!, Rebecca Lynne!

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Cute idea - and such gorgeous fabric. I must, must, must get around to making my Kindle cover. Ahh!

Cherie said...

Love the tote bag, that fabric is awesome!
The bracelet is so cute! =D

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love your gadget bag - such a great idea and the fabric is a perfect choice! Your LOVE bracelet is gorgeous!

Gemma said...

What a beautiful story about your children's initials and your bracelet <3 Great tote too, I've been lusting after that fabric but others seem to be jumping in my shopping cart first LOL Thanks for popping by and linking up with TGIFF :)