Thursday, March 29, 2012

Getting wordy [Thursday Think Tank]

Anyone else ever heard of wordle.net?  It makes these cool word clouds using your choice of words, a link, or a username.  I made this cloud using the making rebecca lynne link.  Pretty cool right?  I love how it has QUILT so huge and Thursday Think Tank is in there too.

I have to thank my mom for introducing me to this.  She was trying to figure out how to generate a word cloud and I stumbled upon wordle.net as I looked for her.  The more I thought about it the more I think that it would be cool to use words that remind me of each of my girls.  Make them a unique word cloud.  Print it out on fabric and make a pillow or something personalized for them.  Not a shabby idea is it...  Oooh or a personalized birthday card for someone - it would make a great card cover for a close friend.  You can change the colors, the layout, the font so there are a lot of options!

Worried about whether you are "allowed" to use your wordle results?  Check this out from wordle.net's FAQ:

"May I use my Wordles for...

Yes.
The images you create with Wordle are yours to use in any way you choose. You may print T-Shirts, business cards, brochures, what have you. On the other hand, when you place an image in the gallery, anyone else can use it too! So if you want to keep it to yourself, print it out without saving it.
Keep in mind that if you save a Wordle to the public Gallery, then you can't control how other people use it.
If you want to give credit to wordle.net, feel free! But it's not required."
Soooo....get wordle-ing.  If you guys make a word cloud let me know - I'd love to see your results...

- rebecca lynne


Thursday Think Tank

Feel free to rattle off anything that has been brewing in your creative heads.  It can be anything, quilting, home improvement, fashion, crafting, DIY gifts, cooking...whatever you have recently thought "hmmm, you know what I should create" is perfectly appropriate for the Think Tank.  Have a blog?  Grab the Thursday Think Tank button displayed on the right.  

Thanks to everyone who linked up last week.  Just a small request: 
Please remember to Add a Link to Thursday Think Tank in your Blog Post - that way the other people in the Linky Party are being shared with your readers!  Thank you!




13 comments:

Allison said...

great word cloud! I'm going to have to give this a try!

Patti said...

Hi Rebecca! The word cloud is such an amazing idea. It would be fantastic on a pillow, or a card would be amazing as well. Must look it up. Hope all is going well with you!

Anonymous said...

That is Cool...but I couldn't get it to work? I'll have to play around with it~ ♥♥♥

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

This does look fun! I love your word cloud. Wordle here I come! lol :o) I've missed you! Hope all is well.
xo

Sana Saroti said...

That is such a cool idea! Thanks for sharing. I'm happy you posted! Thought my link was gonna be lost in space without a Linky ;-)

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Love your wordle cloud - what a fab idea! Hope you are keeping well :)

Cherie said...

The cloud looks really cool! I'll have to bookmark the site =D

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I'd not heard it it but those are some great ideas! X

Krista Schneider said...

Neat word cloud! I tried making one but it must require flash or something because it didn't work on my iPad. Owell! Thanks for the tip :D

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

That sounds like fun! And some great ideas of how to use the images - thanks for sharing!

Jan May said...

I've been wondering how those are done! Off to play :)

PS. No doubt you have been before, but I've nominated you for a Liebster award...

http://cajamecreations.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/liebster-blog-award.html

Kind regards

Jan

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wordled too! Fun isn't it?
Here's mine http://handmadebyclairebear.com/2012/02/05/claire-bear-wordle/

love your blog
ClaireBear

Julie said...

Rebecca - first time on your blog and it's lovely! This wordnoodle tool is great. Thank you for sharing!