Friday, February 22, 2013

Study in Texture

I recently visited Portland, Oregon.  While I was there I was so inspired by all the awesome art, craft, and culture we came into contact with.  We also took an afternoon to visit the Japanese Garden.  The Mr. and I took so many pictures, we kept passing the camera back and forth.  It was interesting to see how different our perspectives were...

I was mainly focused on Texture.  I am interested in doing a series of photos that concentrate on the texture of the subject.  Ultimately I think the texture will best be reflected in black and white, but the green of the garden was so beautiful I am sharing them with you in color now.  In fact, now that I am looking at them out of the context of the garden, I actually think the color influenced my choices.  These greens, the grays, and teal tones are really gorgeous!

Who knows - maybe some of the colors and textures will inspire some awesome spoonflower creations?

UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled
- rebecca lynne

5 comments:

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Beautiful photos! I especially love that first one - it's just gorgeous!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Stunning photos, thanks for sharing!

Marianne said...

stunning photography ! my favorites are the ferns and mosses on the trees and rocks.

Snoodles said...

Wow! Gorgeous photos....love this post!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

These are wonderful textureful pictures :)
BTW, Have you given up TTT?