Saturday, April 20, 2013

Unexpected Birthday Guest

Architextures hair clip
Everyone knows the feeling, you know, the feeling you have when you are unexpectedly a guest to a party involving gifts of some sort?   Whether you were a last minute invite, you forgot to mark your calendar, you were just too busy to realize, whatever the reason for your lack of preparation --- you panic --- "oh crap I have to bring a gift, what am I going to bring, what kind of person is this, what will they like?" panic.

I call B.S. if you are sitting there thinking that you don't know what I am talking about.  No one is that perfect.

Well imagine that panic and then couple it with the parental frustration you inevitably have when you come home Friday night from work to learn about a 4 year old birthday party your child has committed to attending The Next Day.

Really?

I live in the middle of cow country.  If there isn't enough time to order it online then it is going to come from the local grocery store.  In other words, not really the best place to find impromptu gifts for a little girl's 4 year old birthday party!

Crisis: No Gift for a Birthday Party
Solution: Handmade Hairclips

Impromptu birthday party?  Present complete.
Haha - I totally nailed it.  Birthday Guest Crisis Averted.

The only issue was the guilt I felt when I realized I probably should have been making my own daughters cute clips like this all along but the idea only took hold when I channeled MacGyver during our birthday gift crisis.

Ooops.

Oh well.  At least now I know how to do it.  So now I have no excuses.

How's your weekend unfolding?

- rebecca lynne

By the way - I really appreciated all the responses to my last post regarding child sex abuse.  As I said to many of you via email, it is totally worth finding a local advocacy center who will probably be thrilled to receive donations for victims.  If so, let me know and I'll help you in whatever way I can to provide you with a bear to fill and share!  Let's make Project Fill a Bear widespread!

4 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

So cute! Genius idea. :) She'll never know it was last minute, and it's so special and personal. Way to go!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

What a great idea!!!

Annabella said...

Very cute Rebecca!!

Unknown said...

Hi! Google sent me here while searching for chore charts. I'm not sure that I found them but I'm glad that I found your site.

These hair clips are just adorable. My daughter would love them.


You newest follower :)
Sarah ~ www.creatingamazing.com