Thursday, September 6, 2012

Somewhere Over the Rainbow [Thursday Think Tank]

With the low volume swap stuff going on I have been thinking a lot about the last swap I was in organized by Kati at From the Blue Chair

The Color Wheel Charm swap left me with a bunch of gorgeous colorful squares.

However, I am just not that good with color.  So...I turned to Emily Cier's Scrap Republic for some guidance!Untitled
Then I took all those lovely charms from Kati's swap and I divided them into 6 groups.  Untitled

My goal is to create a lovely quilt for Miss E who recently asked me to make her a special blanket.  Now what DIY Mother wouldn't melt at a request like that?  Seriously - I challenge you not to comply!

And because my first born is going through that phase all children go through when their favorite color changes day to day a rainbow quilt is in a word PERFECT!

- rebecca lynne

Thursday Think Tank

WHAT IS GOING ON IN YOUR THINK TANK THIS WEEK?  IT IS  YOUR TURN TO LINK UP. HERE ARE THE RULES:

  1. Link up any post from the past week that features some creative thinking going on in your creative world.   It can be anything, quilting, home improvement, fashion, crafting, DIY gifts, cooking...whatever you have recently thought "hmmm, you know what I should create" is perfectly appropriate for the Think Tank.  TTT is all about whatever you are currently brainstorming and would like feedback or encouragement on!
  2. Somewhere in your post, link back here to my blog. (Or grab the T.T.T. button for your sidebar.)
  3. Comment on at least a few of the other links—because what fun is a linky party without comments?

8 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I love her books! And all of that rainbow-y goodness too. :)

Canadian Abroad said...

I watch with interest as I have a whole bunch of rainbow charms myself.

Collette said...

would really quite like to get this book is it recommended??

Lucy | Charm About You said...

hahaha!! My kids always do that too - every day a different colour!
I'd also like to know if the book is good? :)

Snoodles said...

Super idea! Love the fabrics, too!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Great idea - I'm sure she'll be thrilled to see her mammy making her blanket!

Cherie said...

Gosh I like buying quilting books, but rarely get round to actually reading them!
Rainbow quilts are so fun..I'm waiting for fabrics back from a swap I joined =D

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Those rainbow charms will make a wonderfully special blanket :)