Monday, March 18, 2013

Grasshopper Thinking or Why I Can't Ever Seem to Finish Anything

DSC_0528
Goal Number 1 = Cut this Black and White Stripe into 2" strips to bind this.  
But, when I pulled the fabric out I found a stash of Anna Maria Horner voile which I was saving for that day to come when I would make a quilt for just myself and lo and behold I just made special quilt top just for me!  I thought to myself, pssht, the binding isn't going anywhere?  How long could it possibly take to just set up the backing so I can at least prep it for starching/pressing whatever...
So I quickly cut it to piece it into backing...but... 
then I sewed the Wrong Sides together and got annoyed...
so I took a break from that.DSC_0519
Then at some point - to be honest I've lost track how I got onto this - I remembered this kokka fabric I had stashed somewhere and decided it would make a cool sewing machine cover.  I loosely measured and cut, leaving it hanging without ties or a binding because again - that would be finishing something.  What the cutting of this large piece left me with was this awesome linen fabric with these cute little sewing notions on it... DSC_0520
...and just had to cut them into separate pieces like these!
DSC_0523
Which then got me thinking how perfect they would be to make a sewing pouch for my hand sewing projects.  I was working on just using linen but then I accidentally brushed the pieces against this limey green fabric and thought that was kind of cool which then reminded me of...
DSC_0522
the fact that I had just found this book Zakka Style.  Of course then I had to take some time to look through that and decide if I wanted to adapt one of these projects to my little sewing notion pieces.
Untitled
Then I realized.  

It was time for Bed.

Ritalin anyone?

- rebecca lynne

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a lot more enjoyable than having to read If You Give a Dog a Donut at bedtime for the millionth time, but the plot is pretty similar! All the things you're working on look adorable, though, and thus worthwhile!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Hahahahahaha!!! So my life! ;)

Erin Quinn said...

Lol. Love it. I swear some days I just pop rom one thing to another and I can't even tell what went where or when. At least you had fun, right!!
E xx

Ann @thequiltingcats said...

Hmm... I guess "finish one before starting one" isn't working out too well! Maybe finish one for every 3 starts??? ;)
Ok, I admit, I fell off that wagon too. I think these bee blocks get me thinking... then planning... then doing. Before I know it, something new is being made and the one thing to be completed is in the corner! Worse off, I have no completion to show off for my March MQG meeting this week, including their challange! :( That has been a great inspiration. Finish something to show off!

Marianne said...

I have the same issues and posted about it on my blog. I think it's because we have so many ideas. I don't think drugs will help us.

Leanne said...

Wow, what a day. I love, love that sewing machine fabric, can you remember where it came from? You will finish all of those excellent projects soon. You just are having a bout of startitis, my chronic affliction.

Snoodles said...

I think we all need a tshirt for this syndrome...I do this too! LOL Lovely day of fun!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I'm chuckling so much! I saw these photos on Flickr last night and wondered what you were up to - turns out you were wondering the same thing!

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Ha ha. This cracked me up. I can totally relate. x

Krista Schneider said...

story of my LIFE.