Sunday, March 10, 2013

Joy, for the Queen

DSC_0482
When I showcased this quilt top to my girls (I keep them in the loop with everything I make and I appreciate their Honest Toddler type of feedback) Miss E curiously asked who it was for.

I had to stop and think about it and realized I didn't really make it for anyone specifically and only made it out of the pure joy I have for all things Anna Maria Horner.  So I tentatively answered "Uh, for me...?" 

She thought about that for a second.  Then said with a slight disapproving look on her face, 
"Mommy I think you need to make Daddy a blanket next."

Ha, well kudos to me for raising a thoughtful child at least.  And yes, she's right, Daddy does need a blanket too.  He said he's happy to be at the bottom of the list.  
In the meantime, this one is Joy, for the Queen. 
DSC_0498
It does have crowns on it after all...

- rebecca lynne

11 comments:

Jessica said...

Love!! Good answer! ;)

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

haha~I love it! So colorful. Yum. You deserve to be queen and sew yourself a blanket. :)

Trudi said...

Ha, she sounds like my teenager! Who,has stopped asking now, and still looks at me in that disapproving way, but with a sigh and a silent thought of oh not another one! Happy being Queen, it is Mother's Day here after all!

Canadian Abroad said...

That is sooooooo beautiful. I love every last thing about it. Isn't it funny how some quilts you see just totally call out to you. This one of yours does that to me.

Annabella said...

I adore this quilt - just totally LOVE it!! It's what I'm planning to do with my 24 Field Study FQs. How big are your squares? Are they charms??

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Love it! Nice to have something just for you too!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's beautiful and I'm so glad you're keeping it! Maybe Miss E could help choose fabrics for Daddy's quilt?!

Leanne said...

I too just love this one and I also love the crowns on it.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Love love love it! Perfect for the queen ;)

Krista Schneider said...

Love the "blanket" and the story :D

Pokey said...

You are allowed to keep this beauty, you are the queen, after all! Now, let's see which princess latches on to it!
:-}pokey