Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fabric Free Weekend

Untitled
Ah, there's my Nina...gathering dust next to a growing stack of packed boxes.  And if sewing machines have feelings I bet she's unhappy...pissed I'm sure.  [Pissed as in angry, not drunk like I know you Brits sometimes say, or is shattered more common these days?]

It has been a fabric free weekend.  In fact, I have a stack of low volume swap packages sitting here waiting to be opened!  {Update: I opened these this evening and posted their owner's names in the Received List sorry for being such a slacker Swap Mama this week!}
Untitled
FOR SHAME.

However as my friend Erin can probably attest to - it is hard to get sewing done when you are packing to move to a new house!  Agh!

Instead of loving any fabric at all the Fam and I spent some time at Lowe's this weekend checking out carpet and paint swatches.  Carpet.   Ugh what a pain!  At least it is a textile right?

We found a carpet texture which is geometric in design kind of like a grid.  I am not a carpet person, I prefer wood floors, but the 2nd Floor in our new house is all carpet so I don't really have a choice.  I want something that will do the same job as wood - meaning - blend in with any type of furniture and wall color we choose.  So, I picked out an amber gold brown color which of course I can find no example of online.  Why carpet is so out of the technological age I guess we can chalk up to the fact that you really have to shop for it in person.  I had No Idea how many carpet options there exist.  Amazing.

I'll be back tomorrow with *stuff* done.  Getting Nina out tonight and doing some sewing.  I need to accomplish something!  Hope your weekend was more productive than mine, and if you are in the US, Happy Columbus Day!

- rebecca lynne

4 comments:

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Oh you poor thing. I can definitely relate. I haven't unpacked anything - except my sewing stuff. Ha ha.

Try to enjoy the process - and in the meantime I will wish and hope that it is over quickly for you. :)

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Hang in there! I hate moving with a passion, but it's always worth it in the end. :)

Annabella said...

Nina does look kind of grumpy over there - if that's possible! Good luck with the moving and the carpets - fun to be nesting I bet.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Poor Nina - she's definitely pissed off ;o)
Thank goodness the carpet shopping is over - it really is very, very boring, even when it's your own carpet you're looking for!! Good luck with the packing and moving xx