Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WIP (now let's get serious tally)

The time has come.  I must pack my sewing room.  AGH!  We are intending to do the actual move into the new house in Mid-November, but with three little ones I am trying to do as much packing ahead of time as possible.  And, unfortunately, the sewing room is one of the rooms I can pack up now without disrupting the girlies' lives.  But, before I begin I need to do some serious planning.  There are some projects in the works that warrant keeping Nina and my cutting board out of the packed pile a little longer...

WIPs Before Moving

Low Volume Swap
Low Volume Swap
We are close to being done!  Almost everyone has sent in their charms.  I can't wait to get all this gorgeousness to their new owners.

Rainbow Quilt Top
Rainbow Quilt
Backing and binding received.  Just need to sandwich this puppy and quilt!

Almost Solid Neutrals Swap
Big 10 Swap (Almost Solid Neutrals & Text)
Cut and need to be mailed.


Travellin' Pic Blog Hop - November 23th
Picked my photo!  And my EPP pattern...I just need to pick out my fabric.  Whew hew!


Hosting TGIFF - November 30

New Nephew Quilt! (sneaking suspicion that if this is gonna be done right it will end up below...)
Fabric - check
Design - check
Started? - uuuuuuhhhhh


Long Term WIPs (i.e. Before Christmas!)

Zig Zag Flannel Quilt x3!
5 Year Anniversary Quilt (Curious Nature)
Nephew/Niece Gifts
Gift for my Mommy
Gift for my 2nd Mom (MIL)
Gifts for some special friends ;)

Whew nice to see this list in black and white.  Scary but inspiring!  I better get on it...and in the meantime I will start packing the stash I don't need for awhile.  Ooooh imagine how fun it will be when I unpack it and it'll be like finding something new all over again!!!

- rebecca lynne

10 comments:

Carla said...

I temember those days! Yuck. One word of advice? Flu shot. It kept me going when everyone was flat out. I was able to look after them ; )

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Um yeah, I wisely packed my sewing room up first too. Then unpacked and re-packed it at least a million times. What a freakin nightmare! Least you are being more organised than me and actually thinking about it beforehand. xx

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Good luck with the packing and that WIP list!!!

sew.darn.quilt said...

Talk about having your hands full!
Sheesh! :O\

Nat at Made in Home said...

Woohoo cannot wait to receive the LV charm pack!

Cherie said...

Wow not long to go then. I hope those projects and the packing go well! =D

Anonymous said...

Gee, and I thought my November was going to be crazy.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

That's a good list and I love the rainbow quilt!!

Lisa said...

Yes, they all get well again! But school brings more germs, make hand sant. Yours and their best friend, it helps some. You have a heck of a list plus packing and moving yikes! Use a big black marker and mark ever box for every room. We found that helpful until we filled up the rooms. Ha ha, we moved to a smaller house. Can't wait for the LV swap to come and I to love your rainbow quilt. I think I would like to make something similar with the LV charms + my kona solid charms from pileofabric. Just need to think how to do it. Good luck with those boxes.

Dora, the Quilter said...

I do not envy you the packing and moving task, especially with little ones about.
For the repeated illnesses, dishwasher with really hot water. When I had a class full of young sp ed students we found antibacterial hand lotion and tissues to be a help--despite the fact that I hesitated to use them.
Have been wondering how the low volume swap was coming along. Looking forward to receiving those squares--and then dreaming about what I will really make, since I'm in the midst of a big project that has to come first.