Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Frame Pouch Along Timeline and Links

Frame Pouch Along Button


Come one, come all!  Join the Frame Pouch Along! (PAL)  Because I know you are all going to get so excited and want to race ahead to finish your pouches I have created a short timeline here...One Week.  In one week we can take advantage of your enthusiasm as well as WIP Wednesday and Finished Friday to share our pouches too!


PAL LINKS
Materials List
Monday October 31st - Drafting a Frame Pouch Template
Tuesday November 1st - Cutting and Sewing Fabric
Wednesday November 2nd - Troubleshooting Pouch Design
Thursday November 3rd - Attaching the Frame
Monday November 7th - Finished Monday!



Some additional notes...


The First PAL Post which includes the Materials List and can be found here.

Frame with Holes for Hand-sewing

If your frame is the type that has holes to attach the fabric by hand-sewing then you will also need a curved needle!  Sorry I forgot about this detail...I hope this doesn't mess up anyone too much.

Also, for those of you Type A people out there (like moi) you may want to grab some scraps, muslin, whatever extra fabric to make a mockup of your design.  Just to see whether you like the shape etc.  If you are Type A+ then you've probably already thought of this.  Wink!  I'll talk more about this on November 1st but be ready to have some fabric handy to try your shape out if you'd like.

Please leave me a comment and let me know if you are still on board and have your materials...or if you are having any problems gathering your items.  I can't wait to start creating with you!

- rebecca lynne

If you'd like - grab a button!!!
Frame Pouch Along

8 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I think I'm going to have to be an enthusiastic spectator for this one as I'm afraid I just don't have the energy at the moment - I'll watch and cheer so that when I'm feeling better I can have a go myself!

Katie said...

I'm still in! I haven't received all of my supplies in the mail yet. Hopefully by the end of the week.

I can't wait!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I'm still in, but don't know if I'll finish by the deadline. I haven't received my materials yet and a lot on in that week, but will most definitely give it a go.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I'm still in, too.. been trying to decide on a fabric choice. :o)

Toni said...

I'm in! But you may have to nag a little and remind me about it. I have my supplies but haven't had a chance to do much planning yet. Can't wait!!

Patti said...

Hey Becca! I'm all in and overflowing with frames which have all arrived from China and USA!! Let the games begin!

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

I'm keen but keep forgetting to organise supplies. Duh. Will probably end up playing along late. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Am I too late to join in? I just found this Frame Pouch-along through Kelli's blog (http://thatlookslikeitneedsstitches.blogspot.com/) and really would love to join. It would be my first time joining a sew-along activity. :)