Sunday, September 11, 2011

Finishing Your To Do List

What I'd like to be doing is this...

But I'm not.  Housekeeping is the order of the day - Sunday that is.  Of course, I am hardly keeping house at the moment and instead have sat down to contemplate my growing pile of WIPs.  My house is overrun in projects these days so I've decided now is the time to make a commitment, a goal, to finish something.

WIP Wednesday is a great day to take a moment to review your WIPs; but by the time Wednesday comes along I no longer have the inclination to set a goals for myself.  Nope, that fresh start, what shall we accomplish this week, can do attitude is more of a Sunday thing for me.  After visiting Lucy over at Charm About You earlier today I realized I am not the only one...and perhaps blogging about it will actually keep me committed to my goals.  Look at the Tumbling Blocks Challenge and how far Helen's support has gotten me! (update on that below, by the by)  I hereby dub this Sunday Sewing Stats.


Sewing Goals for the Week of September 11, 2011
- Hummingbirds & Hexagons: Quilt, begin possibly finish this week
- Across the Sea QAL: Finish Top, Aim to do back this next weekend
- Tumbling Blocks: Iron, Iron, Iron and check all points
- Everything else on hold [Botanika, Fall/Spring, Spinning Stars, Secret Project, 100 Quilts for Kids]

Other Goals
- Finish Chalkboard Project
- Complete Celebrate Color project

If you come back Wednesday hopefully I'll have made some progress on this list.  Maybe.


Now about that challenge.  I am happy to report that ALL 400 BLOCKS ARE FINISHED!!!  Proof?  What?  You don't trust me?  

Tumbling Blocks
This looks suspicious right?  Definitely not 400.  No it isn't.  It is 300!
Tumbling Blocks last 100
The Final 100.  Still in a chain.
Actually it was touch and go for awhile.  I had work obligations that I could not shirk...and spent much of my free time finishing jewelry for an impending wedding.  But I plugged through and was able to finally finish all the tumbling blocks late late last night.  In fact, as you can see, I haven't even had a chance yet to iron and cut them from their chain.

 But - whew hew!  They are done!  Hmmm...now what will come next...I suppose they need to be sewn together don't they...  Hahahahahaaa...

So the question is...how do you finish Your To Do list?  What are your Sunday sewing stats?Do you need a little help from your friends as well?  If so, let me know by leaving a comment and I'll pop over to offer fresh encouragement!

- rebecca lynne

7 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Good luck sewing those babies together! The quilt is going to be awesome, and worth every minute when you give it to your husband for Christmas! :) My to-do list exceeds my energy level right now. :/ lol

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations on making all 400 TBs! (As for sewing them together, at least you don't need to spend hours arranging the on the floor and then making sure you stitch them in order - as long as you get them the right way up you'll be ok!) Pressing and checking all those is going to be a bit of a bore - make sure you have a good film to watch! (Would recommend putting them all the same way when you've pressed as it will make sewing them easier if you pick one up and it's orientated the same as the others...) I think the Sunday thing definitely harks back to going back to school/work and thinking about what homework/preparation needs doing and is an ideal opportunity to reflect on the week just gone and the week ahead. Have a good week - you've certainly got a lot to do!

Jill Chapman said...

I can't believe you got all those tumbling blocks done! You must have been sewing like a demon. This week I've promised myself I'll finish quilting my Strawberry Patch quilt. I'm going to do it by locking myself in the room and not letting myself do anything else until it's done (let's see how long that lasts!)

Pomona said...

Just came over from Archie to say very well done! I have far too many unfinished things on hand - I am hoping for a bit of time and peace and quiet, but probably hoping in vain!

Pomona x

Lucy | Charm About You said...

You do make me laugh :)
I've FINALLY finished the quilt top!
xxx

Nicole @ Patchwork Duck Designs said...

I've never made a tumbling-blocks quilt but love the look! I went to Amish country the other weekend and saw an amazing coordinated set of three tumbling-block quilts (you can see it in my post on September 14th). Can't wait to see yours finished!

Live a Colorful Life said...

I love the idea of the Sunday sewing stats! Then maybe there would be more to share for me in WIP Wednesday!