Wednesday, September 28, 2011

This, that, and the other... [WIP Wednesday]

It is time for This, That, and The Other...  Or my explanation as to why some things get done, others stall, and new things are started...

Across the Sea Quilt
Alrighty, well I've been working on this and I do have bits of the back completed...but I have decided that while it would be nice to make the October 3rd deadline and be included in a potential prize draw I'd rather quilt the finished top and backing in a rather specific way which is going to take time.  Because this quilt is going in my blue room bedroom I want it to be exactly right and it is not worth rushing it!

Challenge Tumbling Blocks
Meanwhile, as promised, I've been working on these.  Oh yes, the infamous TBs.  As you can see I have started to sew them together and what a headache that has been.  Good thing it is still September because I am going to need all the time I can get to finish them!

Tumbling Blocks OOPS

And I already started making mistakes...see these two bits are not sewn together correctly!  So I have been taking breaks to keep myself from going mad over tumbling blocks...

Pretty {little} Pouch Swap
and began working on my Partner's Pouch for the Pretty {little} Pouch Swap.  But, I am waiting for supplies so can go no further...sigh...  What do you think?  Frill or no Frill?

Frame Pouch Preparations

Un-named For Now
Being stalled on the pouch, but enticed by so much gorgeous Japanese pretty print-i-ness is what led me to the this...  
DSC_0004

DSC_0010
love these flowers...love!

DSC_0016

Sorry to be such a tease about my reveal but the overall idea will be shown in full soon!  All I can say is that this latest project is making my heart go pitter pat in a way I haven't felt in a long time. As they would say in the enchanted forest - I am twitterpated.  I am not anxious about my progress, I am not worried about the results, I am just completely enamored with the whole development of this latest project! 


And lastly, the other, A FINISHED QUILT!  What the W-H-A-T?  Just when you were starting to think I would never finish anything.  Here we go!  Meet the XOXO Quilt made for the 100 Quilts for Kids Drive.  You can learn more about this gorgy charity quilt, and see more glam finished quilt photos, in its solo post here.

XOXO Quilt Chillin' Closeup
XOXO Quilt Finished!

Before I leave you to go check out the linky party over at Freshly Pieced a bit of housekeeping.  Have you noticed I now have 47 Followers?  I know, right?  I am as shocked as you, probably more so because I know myself better...wink!  That completely rocks.  So...if (I should be positive and say *when*) I reach 50 Followers I will do a Giveaway.  What would you, the faithful 47, be interested in?  A pretty little pouch made by moi, destash, FQs?  I think I know the answer to this...but I thought I'd be nice and ask...  Personally, I'd love to make a pouch...but I have a feeling the FQs might win you over.  I'll have to see what I can find to donate to the worthy celebratory cause.  In the meantime, leave me a comment and tell me what you think!


- rebecca lynne

p.s.  have you voted on your favorite color poll over on the right?  go ahead...it'll take two seconds...

8 comments:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Those Japanese prints are soooo pretty. Looking forward to seeing what emerges...

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Ooohh, I was going to say pouch at first but then I saw FQ's and changed my mind. hahaha So fitting when I read your next sentence. ;) I love the Japanese printiness, too. :) And those tumbling blocks.. when I think about you sewing all of those together, I almost want to go and take some Tylenol myself! haha Good luck! You're a rock star for completing that one!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Eeek...the sneak peek is wonderful!!! Good luck with the TBs, you'll soon be flying along!

47 followers is great - come on people, sign up ;o)

I'd love a pouch...you know me, I love to be organised and a wonderful pouch to keep lovely sewing things in is always marvellous!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Oh and I voted, big surprise, I didn't pick beige or brown!!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I'd go frilly - you can never have enough.
Definitely like a pouch, I need more organising!!
and I voted :)

Toni said...

Love the XO quilt and sooo can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve! Honestly, my vote for your giveaway would be a MRL original pouch!

Rebecca Lynne said...

WOW! I am so flattered! I thought for sure you guys would all want fabric...how exciting! I only have about 1,000 pouch ideas bursting in my brain right now...hahahahaa...

Gina Loomis said...

I'm follower 48! You have great projects in progress. Sweet success on completing the XOXO Quilt for the 100 Quilts ofr Kids Drive!