Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Progress Makes Me... [WIP Wednesday September 21, 2011]

...do a little dance, make a little love...  I am so thrilled that I've made some significant progress on my Sunday Sewing Goals!  Pat this sistah on the back!  And I've finished some other non-sewing projects as well.

Unfortunately, a direct result of my being so busy sewing is that I don't have lots of photos to share.  Plus, it was raining so no outdoor shots of quilt tops.  Boo.  But I did manage to snap a few!

Progress I've Made...
Across the Sea Quilt: Top Complete, Back mostly cut
Jennifer of Ellison Lane Quilts wrote that the scrappy border really pulled together this pattern's top.  I was skeptical and have avoided scrappy borders and bindings in the past, but, after putting this one together I have to say that she was right!  It really does pull it together.  The border really added something to my top and I'm very happy with it!

Across the Sea Scrappy Border

100 Quilts for Kids: Top Sewn, debating border on Top
Finished the top for this quilt minus the border.  I want to iron and measure it out and decide whether I want to add a border.  I think it would be a nice frame...but I would have the same result with a scrappy binding so it is all about the math now.  No photo of the finished top, but here is the layout pic to refresh your memory.

100QuiltsforKids Top Layout

Autumn Tunic: Fabric Chosen, Pattern Printed
I saw this Autumn Tunic on Luvinthemommyhood earlier today and knew I had to make one for Miss E.  The orange just screams her!  Unfortunately the original pattern calls for 1 yard of fabric...and I don't have a solid yard of orange that is appropriate.  So I am going to improvise with the 4 FQs of the orange colorway I have from the Amy Butler's Soul Blossom Collection.  [Wow, this whole post is Soul Blossom isn't it...ha!]  Thinking of doing a border on the sleeves and shirt bottom to make up the missing yardage...

Autumn Tunic


In Other News...
One Wedding Lush Cluster Order completed.  Another one in progress.  Lots and lots of earrings...I'll try to take some photos to share with you.  Great gifts for the holidays!

My Celebrate Color Hood was such a huge hit!  Thank you all for your compliments and encouragement.  To be completely honest, I was a bit nervous to post it because the first morning I wore it to walk Portia the Mr. bust out laughing.  Great support system I have going here...  

My Jedi is currently in bed but has loved all the attention he's gotten specifically via Facebook regarding his photo.  I'm also happy to report that my Hooded Scarf was so popular that I have been commissioned by two friends to create one for them.  Luckily, I can knit during the day with the girls and have already gotten started!  If anyone is interested in the measurements or a tute about the scarf please let me know - I'll happily share and intend to post on Ravelry when I have a moment.

There is no linky party today via Freshly Pieced...but I'd love to know what you are all doing anyway.  Leave me a message so I can pop on over and check it out!

- rebecca lynne

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Love the scarf Rebecca! That's just scrumptious! I crochet but I always wished I could knit, especially since I love hats and scarves. I absolutely love how you did that 100 Quilts for Kids quilt. Just lovely.I also didn't know about Lush Cluster so I had to go check it out. Gorgeous! I'm up and running with my WIP at http://tildastwistedlife.blogspot.com
Come on by!

randi--i have to say said...

i really like the layout of your 100 quilts for kids quilt! so pretty!

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Pat on the back sistah! As always, you are amazing. ;)

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

I can't wait to see the finished tunic, love those fabrics! On another note... I call my two girls Ms. E and Ms. V on my blog too, LOL!
~Kimberlee

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished tunic - it's going to look stunning on her!! You've got an amazing amount done - well done!